Saturday, May 31, 2008

TT Hershey Update #1


Just another good day in the Hershey area where there are so many things to do. Friday is the day to head to the Green Dragon Farmers/Flea Market in Ephrata, PA. It's a place where you can buy fresh meats and vegetables along with things run from socks to furniture. We spent about 2 hours wondering around the place and buying essential meats (fresh turkey sausage) and vegetables. Audrey is a nut about bird houses and when she found one for sale at a good price, it was hers. We had Phara with us so we were limited by how much time we could be away from the auto because the temperature was going near 80.

See the right panel for pictures taken at the Green Dragon.

From the Green Dragon it was off to Shirk's bike shop to have an adjustment made to Audrey's new bike. The chain ring was dumping the chain and needed to be adjusted. Shirk's is an amazing place. They took Audrey's bike made the adjustment and took it on a test ride to be sure it was adjusted properly. Not many shops would have taken the bike to work on it immediately to say nothing about actually road testing the thing. While there I purchased a new pair of bike gloves and a set of brake pads for my bike that I put on my bike later in the day.

Speaking of biking. Before dinner I rode my bike from the campground to the Colebrook rails/trails trail head and headed off toward Elizabethtown. Audrey decided to walk rather than ride so she drove the Jeep to the trail head and walked while I rode. I was out for about an hour on the bike and road part of the ride with a rider from Hershey. He came by as I was adjusting my rear wheel. The guy was a strong rider and I had to work harder than I wanted to ride to ride with him. It was like a training ride from my days of road racing. It was a good ride.

After getting back to the coach and having some liquid refreshment, it was time for dinner -- fresh turkey sausage done on the grill by chef Audrey. Great meal.

Please see the slide show feature in the right panel. Place the mouse over the slide to manually change slides. To enlarge the slide, click on it.

No comments: