Monday, May 26, 2008

Intercourse, PA -- Another Update

MEMORIAL DAY - A day to remember and give thanks! Sunday was another great day in Lancaster County, PA. An early day trip to Panera Bread in Lancaster got us started - did not get to church. Audrey spent time e-mailing friends and family while I did the same using PB's free WiFi. A short stop at PetSmart for treats for Phara and a quick jaunt into WalMart got us on our way back to the coach.

Soon Audrey was off for her walk into downtown Intercourse and I got on the rejuvenated road bike and rode off into Amish Country. Audrey ended up finding a few shops and browsed the wares. As for me, I had ridden about 4 miles when I had to stop and adjust a toe strap. I looked down the road and saw a group of cyclists heading my way. As they approached I was back on the bike and joined the group. After riding with them for a few miles, I they told me they were riding to the Farmers Market in Bird in Hand. I asked to join them for the rest of the ride and off we went. In the end I rode about 20 miles. I found out that the group was a part of the International Christian Cycling Club. In fact one of the riders gave me a nice water bottle with the club's logo on it.

After getting back to the coach, it was time to chill out and enjoy a little golf on TV as Audrey worked on a crossword puzzle. Later Audrey did some fresh chicken thighs on the grill along with some fresh asparagus. Great meal.

The day was not fully perfect however. About 2:00 a.m. our electric management system shut down power to the coach. The voltage rose above 132 volts. So that the system didn't kick on and off the rest of the night, I went to the power pedestal, and turn off the power. After an early morning run and shower, the power is back on and a little high but OK.

Not sure what today will bring. Stay tuned.

Please see the slide show feature in the right panel. Place the mouse over the slide to manually change slides. To enlarge the slide, click on it.

No comments: