Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Intercourse, PA -- Update #3


What a day yesterday. I rode my road bike to Shirk's Bike Shop in East Earl, PA to have it serviced. A great ride through the Amish Country - about 15 miles. Shirk's is one of the best bike shops I've ever seen -- great inventory and a friendly and knowledgeable staff. As soon as I get the bike back, I'll post a picture. It is a classic - A Schwinn chromium plated Paramount. It is the bike I used in my first road race.

While I rode to East Earl, Audrey arrived at the shop, parked the car and walked along the safe road leading to the bike shop -- beautiful farms along the road.

After getting the service ticket completed, we spent about an hour or more looking a biking equipment including new and used bikes. Audrey was remembering the days in PA when we rode road bikes in the Carlisle and Harrisburg area - great fun. She realized that the road bike was better suited for riding in this area and many of the other areas we visit. She found a new Raleigh bike that seemed suitable and took it for a test ride. She like it but was not ready to say yes. We left for the coach and discussed the purchase on the way home. Guess what, we made a second trip to the shop, she road a another bike and in the end made the purchase. She'll get the bike in a day or so -- when my repair work is done. We're both excited about doing more riding in this area.

Busy day ahead. Our daughter Denise and two of our grandkids (Samantha & Connor) coming for a visit. Will be taking in the many shops in Intercourse and elsewhere.

Please see the slide show feature in the right panel. Place the mouse over the slide to manually change slides. To enlarge the slide, click on it.

No comments: